Popular Posts

Friday, November 11, 2011

Love and Rose Tree..

Growing up, I loved me a rose tree and offcourse the roses..... Around our farm house, mum had planted plenty of them, red ones, yellow and pink.... It was the prettiest sight ever! I imagine how i would sleep in a bed, and cover my body with the petals....My mind would run through all sorts of imaginations..


I even imagined  how, on my wedding day, I would walk on nothing but red rose petals.. My imaginations were nothing but beautiful...
Two decades later, I still imagine, I think of a beautiful life, with lots of love, laughter and fun... It breaks my heart when I  see the ugly side of life. Children are dying of abuse, malnutrition, disease, famine, poverty. Women have lost their identity, they have been abused, raped, used and left for dead! Our men have lost their moral standing, our fathers do not play their roles: their families are dying, they will not fight for us!
Isn't life meant to be beautiful? Aren't we supposed to be the flowers in the garden of life?  The Rose tree  branches are  thick and gnarled up but  it gives strength and root to  the delicate petals that  fall and cover the surrounding grass in specks of wonder and fragrance.

Fall in love with your life... make it beautiful....Take time to try a new menu, tell your loved ones how you feel....go to the new resturant, enjoy the sunset, try a new sport, give to  the poor, help someone in need and make this life beautiful.......


When I think about life, I see the petals all over..... They' (whoever they are) say that life  is not a bed of roses...I disagree...it absolutely is. It is beautiful ...is it the little things that make it  so beautiful... Have you seen a newborn baby breastfeed? seen a six month old baby smile?  climbed mount Kenya?  walked on the beach? made sandwiches and invited a friend for a picnic?  told someone you love them? Indeed life is beautiful... you will fall in love with life everyday if  you just stop long enough to smell the beautiful fragrance of its flowers.
You have to take care of your garden...prune the flowers, remove the weeds, water the rose tree, and yeah! work at it a hell of a lot......it pays off!  But, if you are not careful, you get prickled by all the thorns entwined in its bloom .
The simple pleasures of life make it so much more.....fun!


Here is to that beautiful rose tree that opened my eyes and my heart to the nature of love.


Love,
Emma K!

1 comment:

  1. Hallo Winda,

    Thank you:-) will def be following you....

    Love,

    Emma K!

    ReplyDelete